Open for submission the EU-LAC Health Joint Call
EU-LAC Health project launches its Transnational Call for projects that will be open from 2 December 2016 to 9 March 2017 (16.00 hrs CET).
- The duration of a project may not exceed 36 months
- Call documents should be carefully read before preparing a proposal:
- International partners can be found via the EU-LAC Health PARTNER SEARCH TOOL which is now active under the following link: http://partnering.pt-dlr.de/EULACHealth
Consortia and Funding Model
The EU-LAC Health Call will be implemented through a coordinated funding scheme whereby each Funding Organization will fund its own national teams within each multilateral research project, in accordance with national/regional regulations (Virtual Common Pot model).
Each consortium submitting a proposal must involve:
- a minimum of three eligible partner institutions from three different participant countries with at least one country from each region, EU and LAC
- a maximum of six (excluding associated partners) with at least 1/3 participation of partner institutions from each region, EU and LAC
Two additional associated partners self-financed are permitted, maximum one from each region.
Topics of the EU-LAC Health Joint Call
The following list shows the topics and countries that are funding each topic. For full description of the topics see Annex 1 of Call Text (please note that the proposal should comply with the full description of the selected topic).
Topic 1: Neurodegeneration – Healthy aging to combat neurodegeneration
Participating countries: Argentina (MINCyT), Bolivia (MINEDU)**, Brazil (FAPESP), Chile (CONICYT), Costa Rica (CCSS), Dominican Republic (MESCYT)*, Ecuador (SENESCYT), Germany (BMBF), Guatemala (CONCYT), Israel (CSO-MoH), Italy (SANITA), Latvia (VIAA), Panama (MINSA), Peru (CONCYTEC), Poland (NCBR), Portugal (FCT)**, Spain (ISCIII)*, Uruguay (ANII)
Topic 2: Infectious diseases – Research in promotion of well-being: prevention of infectious diseases, emerging food-, water-and vector-borne diseases
Participating countries: Argentina (MINCyT), Belgium (FNRS), Bolivia (MINEDU)**, Brazil (FAPESP), Chile CONICYT), Costa Rica (CCSS), Costa Rica (FUNIN), Dominican Republic (MESCYT)*, Ecuador (SENESCYT), Germany (BMBF), Guatemala (CONCYT), Israel (CSO-MoH), Italy (SANITA), Latvia (VIAA), Peru (CONCYTEC), Poland (NCBR), Portugal (FCT)**, Spain (ISCIII)*, Uruguay (ANII)
Funding Organizations in EU-LAC Health Call
*Pending on receiving the letter of commitment.
**These countries will encourage the in-kind participation of their researchers and will have a national contact point for the call. Please, note that partners from these countries participate in the consortium as associated partners.